The recent outbreak in Sydney’s Northern Beaches is a stark reminder that while things have been going well with Australia’s management of COVID-19, the risk is still there.
In our last article for 2020, ACE has compiled this list of free resources to help you prepare for and prevent a COVID-19 outbreak this holiday season and beyond.
ACE article with Infection Control Checklist Link - Infection Control Spot Checks in Residential Aged Care: What Providers Need to Know this article includes an Infection Control Checklist which we highly recommend.
Free webinar recording from CompliSpace – “Understanding the Gaps in Infection Control Plans that can put Residential Aged Care Facilities at Risk” – click here to request a copy of this webinar as well as three free audit tools:
- Outbreak COVID-19 Preparedness Audit Tool
- Outbreak Management COVID-19 Audit Tool
- Post-Outbreak Management COVID-19 Audit Tool
ACE article on infection control leads: Infection Control Leads: Summary of Requirements and Deadlines for Aged Care Providers
Staying up to date
“Key COVID-19 Regulatory Updates” tracking page – a free resource page from CompliSpace that tracks regulatory change due to COVID-19. Last updated 14 December. Click here to see the latest regulatory updates.
The Weekly Wrap – all the latest aged care news summarised in an easy-to-read wrap with links to the full stories.
Visitor control and communication
ACE article on communicating with consumers: How to Communicate with Aged Care Consumers and Their Families About COVID-19
State and Territory Aged Care Entry Restrictions: All Aged Care Providers should check the specific requirements in their state or territory via the links below and should ensure they have policies and procedures in place to monitor and enforce these restrictions.
- Australian Capital Territory: Public Health (Residential Aged Care Facilities) Emergency Direction (ACT) – scroll down until you see the latest “Public Health (Residential Aged Care Facilities) Emergency Direction”.
- New South Wales: Public Health (COVID-19 Residential Aged Care Facilities) Order (NSW) – this page is a summary of the direction with FAQs and a link to the full text of the direction.
- Northern Territory: COVID-19 Directions for Aged Care Facilities (NT) – scroll down until you see the “CHO Directions – Directions for Aged Care Facilities”.
- Queensland: Aged Care Direction (Qld).
- South Australia: Emergency Management (Residential Aged Care Facilities) (COVID-19) Direction 2020 (SA)
- Tasmania: Direction Under Section 16 – Residential Aged Care Facilities (Tas) – scroll all the way down to the “Public Health Act 1997” and find the direction marked “Direction Under Section 16 – Residential Aged Care Facilities”.
- Victoria: Directions – Care facilities – scroll down to “Directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer” and click the drop down menu marked “Care facilities”.
- Western Australia: Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Directions (WA) – scroll down to the drop down menu marked “Aged Care” and click on the “Visitors to Residential Aged Care Facilities Directions”.
ACE articles on the major risks facing aged care homes (including risk of a COVID-19 outbreak), with practical tips and links to further resources: