This webinar will show you how you can you improve your efficiency and effectiveness as a Residential Aged Care Board and Management Team by ensuring you have the right information to help you make decisions and to create a sustainable compliance culture your staff will embrace.
This webinar is for you if you are on the Board or in a leadership position at a Residential Aged Care Facility – either singe facility or part of a multi-facility group.
It is a follow-up to our first webinar, ‘An Essential Guide to Governance Risk and Compliance for Aged Care Boards and Managers’. The first webinar explained Standard 8, GRC, Enterprise Risk Management and the obligations that come with these for boards.
This follow-up webinar demonstrates a practical way of achieving the Requirements of Standard 8 through the CompliCare system.
The webinar will cover:
• A quick review of Standard 8 requirements
• Demonstrate how CompliCare maps to each Requirement of Standard 8, including addressing requirements for a Board’s engagement with consumers and how a Board can demonstrate accountability with respect to culture within your organisation
• Discusses effectiveness of a Board’s own policies and procedures and can demonstrate effective policy management - whether your facility has a director model, or a single director, or Board of Management. This will include Board evaluation tools and a board induction program.
• Discusses corporate governance, compliance and enterprise risk management – with an overview of how to actually do this to provide the Board with the data for what is actually happening in a Home
• Show what the practical and meaningful reports that can support decision making/ Governance/and the Requirements of Standard 8.
• Show examples of professional learning for the Board and how to use Aged Care Law Monitor as a tool for Compliance and Standard 8 Requirements. This includes Open Disclosure, PCI and a discussion about why a Clinical Care System alone falls short for the Requirements of Standard 8
Brendan Cholakian | Client Engagement Consultant
Brendan has been with CompliSpace for the last 5 years, working with the Client Engagement team. He's been working with our Aged Care team since the start of our CompliCare product, quickly becoming an expert with Aged Care facilities and their needs.
Ruth Greene | Principal Consultant - Aged Care
As a Registered Nurse with over 30 years’ experience across the healthcare industry, Ruth has been employed in a range of management and clinical positions, and for several years worked as a consultant in residential aged care. Ruth has worked with management teams for a range of providers, industry representative groups, government departments and professional bodies including the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia in the area of competency assessment.